Thursday, October 9, 2008

dia day los dos y tres

Day three of my vacation was pretty fun! Slept in, drank coffee, and went shopping! I awoke to an empty house, just me and the dogs, oh so nice. Had an easy slow starting day which eased into an afternoon at the GoodWill where many deals were to be found and oddities to marvel at. Following the bargain hunt I arrived a home and began to cook my mothers' famous clam chowder with the help of my mom in law. We decided to invite the whole leaperclan which turned into chatter and laughter. Naomi and I played scary mean ghosts, while Katie was the nice polite ghost (Oh that Katie). Following our delicious dinner we (the leaper women posse and a love) went out for flashlight fashion in the Alberta art district, the styles were flashlighterific, but a little spendy following the earlier bargains at Goodwill. Local is always better and deals were to be found if only you were willing to sort through the triple digit price tags.

Day two the day was filled with errands and doldrums, however I did manage to have lunch at Dot's, one of my favorite Portland bars. The evening was just right for the movies, Jeremy, his mother,and I went to see Religulous this movie sums up all my feelings on religion, run don't walk to a theater near you!!!

No comments: